Seeks is a websearch proxy and collaborative distributed tool for websearch.
Seeks code provides:
- a web proxy,
- a websearch meta search engine that aggregates results and ranks them based on consensus.
- a plugin system and a set of default plugins, including websearch and ad blocking plugins.
- a P2P collaborative filter that enables decentralized collaborative searching and sharing.
- tokyo cabinet
- protocol buffers
- libevent (optional, 2.x preferred)
- opencv (optional)
- docbook2x-man (optionnal)
From the root directory, run ./autogen.sh ./configure make
Compilation options can be listed with ./configure --help
- Running Seeks
This is an early version of Seeks, it is recommended your run it from the repository you compiled it from.
cd src ./seeks
see ./seeks --help for options.
For example, by default seeks does not run as a daemon. If you would like to have it so, run ./seeks --daemon
Other important options can be modified in the configuration file, src/config
By default, seeks runs as proxy on the local machine (127.0.0.1) on port 8250. If you would like to change it, do it in the configuration file, src/config
Once started, to use seeks, tell your web browser to connect to the Internet through seeks' web proxy.
For discussion and getting immediate help, join us on irc, channel #seeks on irc.freenode.net